Sunday, September 8, 2013

Wardrobe Suggestions

Goodbye Summer (almost) and Hello Photography Season! I am super excited to meet new clients, and catch up with my fun "regulars."
I understand the stress in finding the best wardrobe for your family photo session. Here are some tips to help you out!

  • Don't be afraid of COLOR, PATTERNS and TEXTURE. I know this sounds scary for some of you (my Mom is terrified of color, so I get it.) The most creative images are those with fun pops of color and layers. So you don't go overboard, I always suggest dressing in neutrals (grays, black, white, navy/denim - in all shades) and add "pops" of color. For example, Dad's undershirt peaking through his button-up, or tie or socks can be in the pop color. Maybe Mom is wearing a scarf, or chunky necklace in the same color, etc. I love when my clients experiment with patterns, too! Mix and match your neutrals in chevron, herringbone, and who doesn't love argyle?!?! Pops of color can be lime green, teal, purple, orange, etc. (See the images below for ideas!)
  • Don't wear something if you aren't comfortable, because you will LOOK and feel uncomfortable. I promise. If you never wear fancy dresses and heals, then don't! Play up on what you would normally wear.
  • Your shoes will show in some of the images, so please make sure you like them. :)
  • Most importantly, have fun and try not to stress. I bet your favorite picture is the one where you are laughing with your kids, even if one of your hairs is out of place.
Don't hesitate to reach out to me with any questions. See you soon!





No comments:

Post a Comment