Friday, January 13, 2012

2012: Being better.

What are you thinking about? Tyler asked me as we started our long drive to my parent's cabin in Showlow. Me: How did you know I was thinking? (As if there was ever a time when my mind wasn't running wild. I'm a chick. And a Mom. Duh.)
Tyler: I know you're in deep thought. You're quiet. What is it?
Me: Well...First, I was praying that we make it to Showlow, safely....then I was thinking how minuscule I feel when I think about life. How short it is. Then I was thinking (I'm usually not this depressing) if I were to die today, would I be satisfied with everything I've accomplished. No. I want to do so much more. I want to create. I want to make something, and have other people look at it, appreciate it, or hate it, just knowing that I've created something and someone took one second out of their life to look at it. I've always wanted that, ever since I was a little girl. My answer to what do you want to be when you grow up? was always something creative like Fashion Designing, Journalism...Photography. (Poor guy. I always seem to have long winded answers.)

Well, here I am. I am not perfect. Sometimes I even fight my insecurities to feel that I am good. But, I do know that I am getting better. I plan to keep getting better because I LOVE this. I also know that someday better will lead to good, and then Great! I love seeing my creation on your living room wall, in your wallet and on your Facebook page. Thank you for trusting me and believing in me!!!

I am really excited for this year. Here's to 2012 and being better.

No comments:

Post a Comment