Wednesday, February 8, 2012

J*, blog stalking, and my eyes.



Okay...so if you've had a conversation with me in the last 48 hours, I've probably blabbed on and on about Jasmine Star, to the point you want to punch me in the face. Yes, she is just as cool as her name. Actually - No, she's cooler. She is my idol, inspiration, motivator, and possibly my first girl crush. We've never officially met. But, I blog stalk her like no body's business.

Here's a quick summary of her awesomeness:
JUST started her business in 2006...like, that was the first time she ever held a camera.
Dropped out of law school while she had a full ride scholarship to pursue her dream.
Now, an International wedding photographer, based out of Cali.
MAJORLY successful - One of the Top 10 International Wedding Photographers.
Built her business from the ground up, without expensive advertising - she used FB & MySpace.
Sarcastic personality <3 <3 and all about being REAL, y'all.
Everything she has learned along the way, she blogs and presents via YouTube to teach other photogs.
She is purely perfect!

And if it could possibly get better (it does.) she is also a writer, which I LOVEEEE. She just published a magazine called EXPOSED and pretty much sums up her trials and triumphs about her quick journey to the Top. She wrote the whole thing. And I bought it!!

I was getting ready for work on Tuesday morning, and by morning I mean the butt-crack-of-dawn. Like 5:30am rockin' cat eyes (I look like a tired cat in the morning. It's weird.), grumpy face and a raspy voice. The magazine must have come in the mail the day before and we hadn't checked it yet. THERE IT WAS. My magazine. I snatched it out of Tyler's hands and made him promise to never get finger prints on it. I read the first 100 pages at work. Probably wasn't one of my most productive days. Sorry boss! Tyler begged me to slow down, you know - to get my $29 worth. I flagged pages with sticky notes and made him read it. Then I read pages and pages aloud to him while we carpooled home that day. Then he punched me in the face - just kidding. This morning, I finished the 200 page magazine and I look like a deer in headlights. I am wired! This mag is like Crack!!

I have so much work to do to make this dream of mine happen. Now, I know it is possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment